For inspiring and creative professionals with a passion for cooperatives focused on impact.
Job descriptionAs a business advisor, you are a coach and advisor of our clients (farmer cooperatives and organisations) and country teams. You are a real dealmaker, tirelessly creating opportunities how to better serve our clients and how to better position Agriterra as the number one cooperative specialist. You are an advisor, a networker and a broker, having the lead in acquisition and marketing of our services, with special attention for women and youth. You provide and monitor advisory trajectories and you have an advisory and brokerage role in the closing of deals with, among others, donors, multilateral agencies, trust funds and the private sector. In order to achieve this, networking is your second nature, leveraging the potential of our network comprising of cooperatives and farmers’ organisations, government institutions and all other stakeholders relevant for cooperative development.
- Project and programme management.
- Acquisition and marketing of Agriterra services and products related to cooperative business development.
- Materialise opportunities to finance business plans of cooperatives, support the establishment of contacts and negotiate business agreements with banks, investors and other financiers (governments and the business sector).
- Provide both clients and the teams of business advisors with coaching and guidance relating to change trajectories and stakeholder management, to promote the interests of farmers, associations and cooperatives, with particular focus on women and youth.
- Collect and systematise information about clients and advisory processes, such as financial reports and annual overviews.
- Position Agriterra in as the number one service provider in cooperative business development.
- A bachelor’s degree in business economics or a similar field.
- Extensive experience in and knowledge of one or more fields in which Agriterra achieves results, such as cooperative business development, market chain development, agricultural service provision, entrepreneurship, governance, and financial management.
- Relevant practical knowledge of and experience in the agri & food and/or cooperative sector in the Netherlands.
- Proven experience in programme management with solid reporting and writing skills.
- Excellent level of proficiency in English and French. Dutch and Spanish would be an asset.
- Enthusiastic, focused on results and service and skilled in coaching and change management.
- Familiar with self-steering and team dynamics.
- Able and used to travel frequently.