Your tasks include Ensuring operational management of legal entity is fully updated on legal entity financials.
- To support ensure local statutory and tax books are complete and accurate on a real time basis and get submitted to appropriate authorities on time and according the valid standards. This relates to all statutory and tax filings (corporate income tax, local statistics, local taxes, VAT related taxes, etc.)
- Where filings are outsourced or insourced set up efficient working relation with centers to ensure timely output in the right quality.
- To ensure remaining accounting and I2P activities in country are looked after and that there is strong connection with operation centers to manage these activities within global framework.
- To ensure governance model is executed and related processes are fully compliant with group and local policies / regulations.
- Financial Compliance, ensuring a good internal control framework & ultimately accountable for following through on all relevant compliance issues.
- Be a sound and responsive face to local legal, tax and external audit bodies.
- Facilitate Tax audits and together with EFO facilitate external audits.
- Accounting and reporting – Together with EFO sustain high standards on verification of assets and liabilities in the balance sheet, review and approve financial tax & statutory accounting schedules, ensure compliance to standardized accounting, reporting and financial systems as well as policies and procedures.
- Participate in projects either from a license to operate or operational excellence perspective.
- Support local finance team and outsourcing partner to deliver high quality set of accounting data to facilitate group, statutory and tax reporting.
- Support local finance with delivering finance services (as defined in global policies and process standards) to local Business, with specific focus to the purchase-to-pay process.
- Geographic Scope: Benelux / Nordics.
Knowledge, experience & capabilitiesCritical knowledge
- Good understanding of local Generally Accepted Accounting Policies.
- Good understanding of legal entity governance framework (roles / accountabilities of BOD, LELT).
- Good understanding of business end to end processes and internal controls necessary to safeguard the Company’s assets.
- Local tax rules.
- Bachelor’s degree (Finance).
- 3+ years’ experience in finance operations environment, dealing with accounting and procurement processes.
- Qualified accountant with at least 3 years post qualifying experience in relevant roles.
- Experience in working in multinational organizations or big 4 accounting firm.
Critical technical, professional, and personal capabilities
- Keen demonstrated strengths in unquestionable integrity and trustworthiness.
- Appreciates cultural differences.
- Can work in a virtual environment.
- Good English language is required.