Accurate - Independent - Organisational sensitivity - Multi-tasker
Your roleAgriterra is seeking an Executive Assistant to support two managers (Agri-Advice and Operations) within an international environment. In this position you make sure the management can make the best use of their time by dealing with secretarial and administrative tasks. As an all-round and experienced secretary at management level, you quickly get an understanding of the organisation, make sure you know key personnel, and become familiar with the organisation’s aims and objectives. We are looking for someone whom the management can rely on, trusting that work will be handled efficiently in their absence. Discretion, understanding sensitivities, and confidentiality are therefore essential.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide support by keeping a busy daily calendar, answering phones, rolling calls, taking minutes at meetings, and making frequent travel arrangements.
- Independently handle routine correspondence and prepare complicated correspondence and documentation.
- Maintain files, and logging and tracking materials related to projects in development, production and post.
- Support personnel matters and contact with other departments.
What do we expect?Requirements
- HBO working and thinking level, relevant education.
- Relevant work experience (at least 5 years) and extensive knowledge of organisational procedures and facilities.
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of the Dutch and English language, spoken and written, French and/or Spanish would be an asset.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, MS Office and other relevant systems.
- Accurate and detail-oriented.
- Team player, multi-tasker, independent thinker and easy-going.
- Discrete and understands sensitive, and confidentiality issues.
- Excellent organisational skills and able to work under pressure.
For CooperativesWe are Agriterra, a Dutch agri-agency that provides business development services to ambitious cooperatives and farmer organisations in developing and emerging economies. We assist them with advice and training through locally based business advisors and by deploying practitioners from the Dutch and international farmer organisations and (cooperative) companies; the so-called Agripool experts. We apply a three-track approach: we make cooperatives bankable and create real farmerled companies, we support organisations to improve extension services to their members and we enhance farmer-government dialogues. Our advisory practice covers the full range of services on Management & Organisation, Financial Management, Governance, Business Development and Lobby & Advocacy. Agriterra has local offices in 22 countries. We work with self-steering teams, so our employees are challenged to use every bit of determination, creativity and strategy to achieve our compelling goals. Being a self-steering organisation makes Agriterra an inspiring and challenging environment for professional growth and development. Agriterra has an annual turnover of approximately 20 million euros, is ISO certified and has over 160 employees, both in the Netherlands and abroad. For more information, visit our website www.agriterra.org.
What do we offer?At Agriterra the work environment is collegial ambitious, and the focus is on achieving impact. We offer:
- A position with a high degree of independence.
- Salary depends on experience and ranges between € 2.627 and € 3.742.
- 8% vacation allowance.
- End-of-year bonus.
- Room for development including an Individual Career Budget.
- Contract for a year with the possibility of extension.