You want to learn about agronomy and agricultural research in a commercial setting? You like practical field work just as data analysis? Then we look forward to receiving your application!
FunctionAardevo is a joint venture between KWS SAAT, a global player in seed breeding, and J.R. Simplot Company, one of the largest potato processors in the world. At Aardevo, we fully focus on developing diploid hybrid potato varieties.
The development of hybrid potatoes poses new and unique challenges in regards to technical development and management of the growing systems. We have internship projects available in the following areas:
- Evaluation of seed propagation systems for our hybrid seed production pipeline
- Pollination methods for seed production
- Seed physiology and germination
- UAV-based phenotyping and analysis
We are looking for:
- Enthusiastic students of plant sciences, agronomy or related field
- MSc level or near completion of BSc
- Good proficiency in English, Dutch is a plus.
About KWSKWS is one of the world’s leading plant breeding companies. With the tradition of family ownership, KWS has operated independently for more than 160 years. It focuses on plant breeding and the production and sale of seed for corn, sugar beet, cereals, potato, rapeseed, sunflowers and vegetables. KWS uses leading-edge plant breeding methods. 5.700 employees represent KWS in more than 70 countries.
- Your own project within our hybrid breeding program!
- Duration: 4-6 months, between April and October. Exact timelines depend on project
- You join our breeders and scientists to get a practical insight into our breeding and research!
- A great opportunity to learn about an innovative approach to potato breeding and to develop your professional competence!
- A fair remuneration + the possibility to stay in our fully equipped guest house
- Location: Nagele, Flevoland