Senior Sales Specialist
Origin Fruit Direct B.V.
The position comes with great responsibility that involves reaching goals, by executing the sales strategy of the company, making sure that profit margins are kept up and sales levels with our customers grow. In our main markets and in newly to be developed channels, both on wholesale and retail levels.
- Executing the sales strategy to achieve the sales goals and profitability of the company.
- Attract and develop direct a retail customer base where ODA supplies directly to retail chains and Online and preferably operates as a sourcing agent for them on their fruit imports.
- Attract and develop a customer base in 2nd tier cities like Chengdu, Wuhan, and Chongqing by either directly selling to wholesalers or attract reliable sales agents defending the interests of ODA’s growers.
- Coordinate the Guangzhou, Shenyang, and other markets to ensure that we are selling at the best achievable levels on the market and that our costs are streamlined. Detailed interaction and reporting with our customers is of utmost importance.
- Manage the stock overviews of our agents and be up to date with the market prices in the different WSM.
- Monitor and be updated daily of the fluctuations in the WSM’s. Understand about different products, varieties and volumes that are arriving to China and the impact on market prices. Help to find opportunities and forecast the market trends. Also, when we do not have stock in the market.
- Monitor all QC activities and results of arrivals and their impact on market performance. Intervene and escalate where needed and communicate with the suppliers
- Advise customers on the sales and payment policies of the company and ensure that they are adhered to.
- Defending the best interests of our growers by; Achieving the highest possible prices in the market, Saving costs in the supply chain on the Chinese side and by being proactive in reacting on the market and on prices to minimize risks under bad market circumstances.
- Where applicable oversee local sales agents and their staff to ensure that our sales are in line with what the market is able to pay and that we perform in line with competition on pay-out prices.
- Translate sales planning to procurement to ensure that procurement planning is done according to what the market can accept both on volume and on quality.
- Work together with general manager to prepare for needed volume and quality so that everything is clear on requirements.
- Be able to translate market requirements, forecasts, and predictions so we can communicate those to our growers in a.o. South America, Europe, India and South Africa.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Fluent in English and preferably Chinese Native Speaker
- 5 + years of sales experience in fresh fruit
- Experience in the fresh fruit industry and has an existing network of customers and suppliers
- Proven record of accomplishment in building and maintaining a customer base
- Has commercial sense, feel for trade and price developments
- Good negotiating skills
- Skilled in cost calculations, sharp eye for numbers
- Experience with fresh fruit logistics, from port to end customer
- Enthusiastic, persistent, and confident approach
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate and influence others
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- MS Office products knowledge
- Good planning and organization skills
- Entrepreneurial, by being able to take initiative and work independently.
- Willingness to travel
- Have knowledge and understanding of selling commodities in a highly competitive environment (good business sense)
- The ability to work calmly under pressure, and to cope with high levels of stress
- Feel happy to work in a down to earth, no-nonsense culture
- Willing to work in a small team and a flat organization
Origin Direct Asia (ODA) is Shanghai based and is part of the Origin Fruit Group (Europe). The Origin Fruit Group in turn is invested in by a large Indian company as well as by the South African citrus industry. This supplies us with the single largest volume of imported fruit available to China. Our integrated company strategy for ODA is aimed to expand our customer base in China to improve the sales results for our growers/shareholders and offer opportunities to grow their volumes into this market. In short this means we have the largest volume of south African citrus on our hands that we can offer to our customers.
Are you interested in this vacancy? You can apply through the 'solliciteerbutton' on this page.